If you’re lucky like Ava, he writes back! In a series of monthly letters to and from the North Pole, 6-year-old Ava asks Santa a lot of questions and she gets lots of answers — about everything from Santa’s off-season activities to the existence of the Tooth Fairy to the magic of Santa and the holiday season.
Created for young children to enjoy on their own or while reading with an adult, every page of My Pen Pal, Santa is a display of colorful, detailed drawings that give big and small readers a look inside Santa’s world.
My Pen Pal, Santa on “Best of” Lists
- People Magazine “2013 Books Holiday Gift Guide” (selected as 1 of 4 “For Kids” books)
- AARP.org “10 Books to Give as Holiday Gifts This Season”
- The Huffington Post “24 Children’s Books to Count Down the Days Until Christmas”
Praise for My Pen Pal, Santa
- “Melissa Stanton and Jennifer A. Bell capture all the fun of having a pen pal in their wonderful tale of friendship. Kids will be reaching for this charming picture book long after Christmas has come and gone.” — Book of the Month Club
- “[A] Santa book you’ll want to read all year long.” — Debra Muccio, A Frugal Friend
- “This book is too cute for words! My Pen Pal, Santa by Melissa Stanton will quickly become a holiday favorite.” — Jacquie Fisher, KC Edventures
- “Parents, see what magic happens when you read this book with your child.” — MaryAnne Locher, Goodreads With Ronna
- “This is one of the best Christmas books I’ve seen in a long time.” — Ken Kennedy, owner, Edgewater Books children’s bookstore
- “I loved that this story addresses the tough questions — How does Santa get into houses without chimneys? How does he even fit down those chimneys? … — while encouraging kids who still believe in Santa to hold on to the magic and keep believing, nevermind the older siblings and peers who might say otherwise!” — Sara G., The Hiding Spot
- “I really loved this picture book. Ava is a little girl that I just adored.” — Becky, Becky’s Book Reviews
- “I was dubious, very dubious, about this book. But it charmed the socks off me.” — Janssen, blogger, former school librarian, Everyday-Reading about giving “My Pen Pal, Santa,” the #3 spot in “A Christmas Book Countdown: 24 Books to Read in December”