Teachers and librarians agree. My Pen Pal, Santa is a fun read — and a fun teaching tool!
- “Teachers could easily use [My Pen Pal, Santa] to introduce letter-writing skills or the concept of an old-fashioned pen pal.” — School Library Journal
- “Told through a series of funny monthly letters [My Pen Pal, Santa] provides a fun story of Santa’s life off-season. Jennifer A. Bell provides fun pictures illustrating the discussions in this recommended book for readers with good basic picturebook skills.” — The Midwest Book Review: Children’s Bookwatch
- “This is a nice Christmas book to give to those in 1st grade who might be beginning to question the idea of Santa.” — Catherine Coyne, Youth Services Book Review
- “Very cute, and that’s what my patrons want in a holiday book.” — Jennifer Wharton, youth services librarian (Flying Off My Bookshelf)
- “My students have really enjoyed writing to Santa. Little do they know, he will be writing back to them and leaving a package that includes a book My Pen Pal, Santa.” — Carey Waye, comment on Teachers-Pay-Teachers.com
- “We began our letters to the big guy today. To begin this activity I read My Pen Pal, Santa to the class.” — Thrills and Frills in First
Read My Pen Pal, Santa author Melissa’s Stanton’s article “How to Make Writing Fun for Kids (and ‘Santa’ too)” for tips about how to do just that!